Savings and Investments
Are you ready to invest?
First, take a look at your current financial situation to make sure that you’re ready to get started investing.
- Do you have any debt that you need to pay off first?
- Is there a specific time that you expect to need the money back?
- Do you have enough saved to cover 3-6 months of normal living costs?
Our investment team will review your current financial situation when you complete both our financial fact find and risk assessment questionnaire. Once these are completed, we can review your current financial situation and recommend investment products that are available for investment in line with your risk profile.
Before you consider investing it is important to understand the following fundamentals
- Understand what investing means
- What investment options are available to you
- Define your investment goals
- Calculate how much you can save and invest
- Understand your attitude to risk
- Risk ratings and investment funds
- Choosing an investment fund
It is imperative that you understand your attitude to investing and your risk profile. It’s said that an investor can never truly understand their tolerance for risk until they’ve weathered a market downturn. It’s certainly something every investor should consider as stock market swings are an inevitable and normal part of investing.
You should always know the risk involved in investing before you begin. You can lose some or all of your money. Keep in mind that past results are no guarantee of future results. Markets can go up and down, and there’s always the possibility of getting back less than you put in.